Graduate Scheme - IntoUniversity
Graduate Trainee Education Worker Scheme

We’re looking for outstanding graduates, who are creative, innovative, self-motivated and have a passion for the mission of our charity.

Applications for our August 2014 intake in London, Brighton and Oxford are now open!  

If you are unable to apply now but would like to register your details for future recruitment rounds, please leave your details here. When the next round opens we will be in touch about how to apply.

Graduate Trainee Education Workers

Location: London, Brighton or Oxford

Start Date: 11th August 2014. Please do not apply for this post if you are unable to start on this date.

Salary: £19,280 per annum with a staged increase plus employer’s pension contribution at 5% on satisfactory completion of probationary period. There will be a further increase after 12 months, on satisfactory completion of annual appraisal, and an annual pay review.

Hours of Work: 37.5 hours, Monday-Friday

Deadline: 10am Monday 26th May 2014

Download the full job description and application form for further details.

What can you expect?

Our Graduate Trainee Education Workers will be based at one of our education centres in London, Brighton or Oxford and will have responsibility for working with their IntoUniversity Centre Leader to plan and deliver the IntoUniversity programme of Academic Support, Mentoring and FOCUS (specially-devised study weeks and days) to children and young people aged 7-18.

Salaries are competitive, and in addition to all UK bank holidays we offer 25 days’ annual leave (plus a discretionary 3 days at Christmas), a generous pension scheme, a loan towards travelcard costs (subject to completion of probationary period) and a comprehensive training programme for which we are seeking accreditation.

Who are we looking for?

You will need to have completed an undergraduate degree (or equivalent) to a 2.1 or higher within the past five years, or expect to achieve a 2:1 or higher by August 2014. You will also need some paid or voluntary experience working with children and young people, be ambitious to progress within our charity, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and have passion and enthusiasm for the mission of our charity.

These are graduate-entry posts, ideal for people seeking to gain a broad range of experience in the charity and education sectors. We seek to provide future career opportunities for our employees and as our charity grows there will be clear prospects for Graduate Trainee Education Workers to seek promotion to Senior Education Worker or Team/Centre Leader posts.

How to apply

Please download the full job description and application form below:

We welcome all applications and all those that are sent on time will be read and carefully considered. We particularly welcome applications from male and black and minority ethnic candidates as they are currently under-represented within IntoUniversity at this level.

Please return your completed application form to by 10am on Monday 26th May 2014. The selection process for these positions will take place on 23rd, 24th or 25th June. Please do not apply if you are not available on these days.

You must be available to start on 11th August 2014.

Got a question?

If you have a query about our Graduate Scheme, please refer to the FAQs below. If we haven't answered your question, you can contact the Head Office on 020 7243 0242, or by email on


Do I have to be a recent graduate to apply?

You need to have graduated within the past 5 years. You may also apply if you are still at university as long as you expect to graduate with a 2:1 or higher by August 2014, when your induction will begin. 

Is there a preference for specific degree disciplines?

You can hold a degree in any discipline to apply.

Can IntoUniversity sponsor VISAs?

We are unable to sponsor VISAs. If you apply you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.

How much experience do I need?

You need some experience, either paid or voluntary, of supporting children or young people. We do not ask for a minimum amount.


As an Education Worker you will be on our graduate-entry training programme. There is an initial, intensive three-month training programme which includes:

  • Classroom-based training;
  • Practical workshops;
  • ‘On the job’ training with children and young people;
  • Phase one of Investors in Excellence from the Pacific Institute.

At the end of the three-month intensive training period there is then an on-going training programme which includes:

  • Phase two of Investors in Excellence;
  • In-house training workshops for example on fundraising and budgeting;
  • A  Leadership training programme;
  • An annual whole team challenge.

See the photos from some of our training sessions on our online gallery.

Career Progression

After 18 months of employment all Education Workers may apply to become a Senior Education Worker.  These posts are for staff who wish to continue to develop existing work with  young people while developing special areas of expertise within the programme and taking a lead on them.  

If you have a minimum of two years’ experience (paid and voluntary) working with children and/or young people, you may be eligible to apply for a Centre Leader position, which combines delivery of the programme with a leadership role.

We have a policy of promoting from within wherever appropriate for the development of the charity.